httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex \"Sniper\" Togstad" <sni...@3dretreat.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] question
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:25:54 GMT
Post the changes you made to your httpd.conf file.

It sounds like a syntax error that was made in the httpd.conf file. What
does the error log say?

____
Alex Togstad
Web Developer
 <mailto:alextogstad@3dretreat.com> alextogstad@3dretreat.com

--Custom Built Servers the way you want them. Ask me for a free quote!!
-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Stephens [mailto:danielbstephens@hotmail.com]
Sent: February 25, 2003 10:06 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] question

  I was wondering if there is anyone who has had a similar problem as
me:
    I am running apache 1.3 on RH 7.2. I just set up to host virtual
domains. When I restart httpd it will fail to stop, but will start. It
will do this consistently. I am also sure that it is starting on
startup. However, I if I try to telnet to port 80 I get refused. Also, I
checked and $netstat -pan|grep LISTEN does not indicate that httpd is
listening to port 80, or any port for that matter.
    I would really appreciate any guidance that anyone could give as I
have tried everything I know how to do to get this working,
    Thanks,
       Dan