httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Tremblay" <w...@magma.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Name Based Virtual Host Configuration
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 02:49:08 GMT
My machines local ip is 192.168.1.100 . I checked the archive for mail
posted by Boyle Owen with subject of specific configuration like somebody
suggested.

The first VirtualHost section is apparently used for requests without a
known server name since I changed the first ServerName to www.zzz.com and it
loaded the first DocumentRoot.

Both domain names are pointed to my external static ip address.

What is happening I don't think should be happening according to
documentation and links and resources that I have been directed to.

My router is forwarding the external request to the internal address of
192.168.1.100

I am using Apache http server version 2.0.40

I am assuming that ServerName in the VirtualHost directive is suppose to be
the domain name that people type into the browser.

ServerName 192.168.1.100:80
NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.100
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.100>
ServerAdmin wwwd@istop.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/arnprior/html
ServerName www.northbaydirectory.com
ErrorLog logs/test-error_log
CustomLog logs/test-access_log common
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 192.168.1.100>
ServerAdmin wwwd@istop.com
DocumentRoot /var/www/directorylocator/html
ServerName www.directorylocator.com
ErrorLog logs/directorylocator-error_log
CustomLog logs/directorylocator-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

Does anybody have any suggestions or can anybody point me in a direction for
more help

Mark Tremblay