httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Timothy M. Brauch" <tbra...@mindless.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RHL 7.1
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:52:19 GMT
I just installed Red Hat Linux 7.1 and whatever version of Apache that came
with it.  I want to upgrade, but I am a little confused about some of the
options.  I have been using Linux for about 3 years now at school, but this
is the first time I've tried installing it.

I have read the instructions at apache.org and the How-To's at redhat.com
and the Apache chapter in Steve Shah's "Linux Administration: A Beginner's
Guide"  However, the last two were somewhat out of date.

What I would like to do is upgrade to the latest version of Apache, 2.0.44
on my computer.  I am don't really care where the actual program gets
installed, but I would like to store all of my html files at /var/www.  The
configure options all seem to be changing where the program get installed.
I would also like Apache and httpd to start when I boot up.  I could not
figure out how to do this from the resource I have looked at, and I do not
want to install the software if I cannot get this to work.

If someone could offer help, or point me to a website, I would be grateful.

 - Tim