httpd-users mailing list archives

From "George Hademenos" <hademe...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] please help me kill apache..
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:49:17 GMT
yes George ms current policy is to quit releasing source but we do have some
of their earlier sdks.

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Valpak" <gvalpak@yahoo.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 12:34 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] please help me kill apache..

> At 12:08 AM 2/13/2003 -0600, George Hademenos wrote:
> >yes, i have examined the resolver code and it is querying sbcglobals dns
> >server so that is where the problem lies.
>
> This whole thread reads like "whos on first?" At the risk of confusing
things by having another George in the loop :)

> I will ask the original poster just what exact "resolver code" he has read
if he is running NT4.0. It is my understanding that Microsoft does not
generally release any of their source code.

> Can the original poster please summarize his network training/level of
understanding because he has asked such a long string of nonsensical
questions, he has frustrated the list who has been patient in trying to
assist.

> Also, if the original poster would summarize what his understanding is of
the entre thread and what he has gleaned from the discussion about his own
machine and issues, it might help him clarify in his own mind what his
remaining issues are (which I along with many others agree have nothing to
do with apache).

> Finally, if the original poster will provide us with the IP address of his
dns servers, someone here will probably test the resolution of the url in
question directly with that DNS server and tell you that the problem does
not lie with the DNS server either (my prediction).