httpd-users mailing list archives

From "benjammin" <d-...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] McAfee VS Pro and apache 2.x
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 01:21:44 GMT
Well, I'm sure that it wasn't a Apache problem either, because I did not
even have a problem when McAfee wasn't installed. Seeing how it did act up
with it installed. I couldn't find anything from Network Associates website
pertaining to the issue, so I made an assumption that someone in the forum
might know what the problem was.

The exclusion thing DID NOT work and neither did shutting off automatic
scanning. Well actually turning off automatic scanning worked until it had
automatically updated itself for the first time. I checked to see if it had
maybe defaulted back to automatic scanning, but it hadn't. So now I'm at a
loss... anyone have a suggestion for a good Windows based Virii Scanner that
won't give me this kinds of ridiculous(sp?) problems?

Again thanks for all the help.

_benjammin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Cohen" <apache@gej-it.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 2:02 PM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] McAfee VS Pro and apache 2.x

About the VS, at the end, my solution did solve your problem. :)
(Exclusion).
I know that in order to "open ports" you need to allow the main executable
file to run. There are also some more things I guess that I don't know in
the MCAfee (hate it), but I'm pretty sure that it's something about the
MCAfee and 110% not an Apache issue.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen