httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Cobban" <jcob...@magma.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Tomcat application redeploy behind Apache server
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 03:36:27 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jurgen" <apache@squarehosting.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Tomcat application redeploy behind Apache server

> in the virtual host configuration of the Tomcat server add
"reloadable=true" within the "Context" tag. I think this should do it.

Thank you for your response.  However that is not the issue.  The
description of that option says:

"Set to true if you want Catalina to monitor classes in /WEB-INF/classes/
and /WEB-INF/lib for changes, and automatically reload the web application
if a change is detected. This feature is very useful during application
development, but it requires significant runtime overhead and is not
recommended for use on deployed production applications. You can use the
Manager web application, however, to trigger reloads of deployed
applications on demand."

In my case I do not want that excess overhead, so I am using the Manager web
application to reload the application after I make changes in the classes.
The problem I have is that once I have used the Manager application to
reload the application the new functionality is only visible when I access
it directly through the Tomcat server, and not when I access the same
application through Apache.  Therefore the problem I am having must be with
the connector, not with the context.