httpd-users mailing list archives

From jporter...@comcast.net
Subject [users@httpd] Access Violation
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 04:09:04 GMT
I am trying to run Apache 2 under Win 98.  When I either chose Start Apache
in the Console, or try to start Apache at the command prompt, I get the
standard This application has caused an illegal a\operation and will be
shutdown...  I have downloaded both the binary
apache_2.0.44-win32-x86-no_ssl.exe and the patch
apache_2.0.44-win9x-x86-apr-patch.zip.  I have install the binary and
applied the patch.  When I check the error log it is empty.  Does anyone
have any suggestions on what I need to do to a) find out why I am getting
the illegal operation, b) correct this situation.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jason