httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <apa...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Port binding problems not resolved
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 22:12:51 GMT
You already know where your problem is.
Delete:
Port 80
And verything should work fine.

"Port" settings is the default, as soon as you add the "Listen" command,
which is a selective and more flexible type of "port", you'd have to remove
the "port" now try doing:
telnet 192.168.254.3 80 (that should connect if that's your IP address)
and then try doing:
telnet 127.0.0.1 81 (that's a loopback for your own IP and port)

when you want to access you website from within your network (192.168.x.x/24
is private address, so I guess that you are in a network) you should type:
http://localhost:81 or http://192.168.254.3

I would suggest that before you are running after the router, try solving
the "internal" problem.
If everything I said will work, then you can keep going with the router
configuration.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen