httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Goggin" <pgog...@smartchat.net.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with apache, mysql on redhat 7.3
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 04:45:26 GMT
I do not know if this is the correct list for this problem.
Until yesterday my system was working without problem. Today I could not
access my web sites and found that apache was down. I could not restart
apache. The error message was:

Ouch! ap_mm_create(1048576, "/var/run/httpd.mm.1994") failed
Error: MM: mm:core: failed to open semaphore file (No space left on device):
OS: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I rebooted the system., resrted mysql and then apache. Got the same error
message. I then stopped mysql and started apache. This time no problem. I
then restarted mysql and got the following error:

touch : creating `/var/lock/subsys/mysql': No space left on device
Starting mysqld-max daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql 030217
15:35:38  mysqld ended

Thuis currently I can have either mysql or apache but not both.

According to the df command none of my file systems are full. Can anyone
help me?

Regards

Peter Goggin