httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Muad`dib" <uzul_2...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie: Changing default directory listing look & feel
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 10:35:05 GMT
Hi

but still the same problem it only prepend the standard directroy listing
but not inserting....
But you said something like the default HTML ?!?!? Which one is the default
HTML ?

regards,

Paul
----- Original Message -----
From: "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 4:47 PM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Newbie: Changing default directory listing look &
feel

That is exactly what HeaderName does. If you like, you can copy the default
HTML into HeaderName and then add to it or edit it. Did you actually look at
HeaderName, or try it?

>If there is nothing like that I will create my own script for
>that but it
>would show that that the software is badly designed  :-) ,
>cause of redoing
>something which already exists

Apache is badly designed because it doesn't anticipate your every peculiar
little requirement? I think not. But go ahead and create your own script if
you prefer to do things the hard way :-)