httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sander Holthaus - Orange XL" <i...@orangexl.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems with variables after migrating to new server
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:36:52 GMT
Problems with variables after migrating to new serverYou have to turn global variables on in
the PHP.ini. But his is a PHP-question rather than a Apache question.

See: http://www.php.net/manual/en/security.registerglobals.php

Don't take this wrong, but this question has been asked numerous times. A peek at the PHP-site
or a bit of Googling would have provided you this answer much quicker as this maillinglist.
It is not we don;t want to help you, but answering things that already have been aswered before
is just not efficient.

Good luck!

Kind Regards,
Sander Holthaus

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brans, Micha
  To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
  Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 12:36 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Problems with variables after migrating to new server

  Hi,

  We have migrated our website to a new server.
  We are running Apache 1.3.57.
  On the old server we had 1.3.24

  Now, we have the following problem:

  When I try to go to a PHP-script with variables (like menu.php?user=micha), the variable
user isn't passed through to the script.

  Before this worked with the same script.
  When (in IE), I get the properties of this frome, I get ?user=micha behind the URL, but
it isn't received by the script itself.

  I have compared the httpd.conf from both servers, but wasn't able to find the problem.
  I have also spend 2 days on reading the manual, bug-db, mailinglist etc, without result.

  I have had this same problem before, but unfortunately I do not know anymore what the sollution
was. (it was a small setting)

  Can somebody please help me.
  Because we are running some critical information on this site, I would be verry happy if
I got a sollution asap.

  Kind Regards,

  Micha Brans