httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bullas, John C" <john.bul...@hants.gov.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Newbie .htaccess
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:13:22 GMT

Hi!

Apache 1.3.27

I trust this question is not too basic for this forum, having searched on google etc
for what I need I have been unsuccessful, I apologise in advance if this question is too
lowbrow.......

I need to use server delivered directory lists to spider a site that is
changed regularly but also want the delivered pages to look acceptable & in line
with the rest of the site ( via CSS) as it will provide a dynamic article list for readers

PHP / CGI is out I can only plant stuff in root as it is not my
server BUT I am free to do what I like in my space

I have set up .htaccess to produce the modified listing format  you see here:

http://www.worldfolk.com/IME/ime/p/

I will add IconsAreLinks (or the correct option) and.....

What I am trying to achieve THEN is the equivalent of

SuppressLastModified

But to prevent the name being displayed

to leave only an icon as a link and the file description...
I have tried forcing NameWidth = 0 but get a 500 Error :(

SuppressName is not a function AFAIK :)

Can anyone assist?

Regards
John