httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <apa...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] I don't know its DNS or Apache Prob!
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 02:19:49 GMT
Use the ServerAlias directive.
e.g. ServerAlias abc.com *.abc.com
then any request the will show mail.abc.com www.abc.com life.abc.com and any
other C or A  record will point to the same website.
BTW, no need to add any records to the DNS, if the CN for the domain is the
same as the website address.
e.g. if abc.com is pointing to the same server that hosts the website and
there's no mail.abc.com, then all requests to that abc.com domain will be
pointed to the webserver.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen