httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Cohen" <apa...@gej-it.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] For Help
Date Sun, 16 Feb 2003 04:10:12 GMT
Join the apache-devepment list, I guess they can help you better then us
man.

All the best,
Jeff Cohen

-----Original Message-----
From: Hongmiao [mailto:hwang@lab7networks.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 3:21 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] For Help

Hi,

I developed the LSP (Layer Service Provider) on Windows 2000, when client
query big file through Apache server, there is a problems if my LSP
intercept.

I check the apache code, apache server uses TransmitFile() function to
transfer big file, and uses WaitForSingleObject(signal object is socket
instead of event) to get signaled. My question is who will signal the apache
server, what is the mechanism of this signaled system. If
WaitForSingleObject() using event as signaled object, my LSP can signaled
the apache server. But if WaitForSingleObject() used socket as signaled
object, someone else can ahead my LSP inform the apache even the overlapped
I/O transferred result is not updated.

Couldn't you tell me why apache server used socket as signaled object for
WaitForSingleObject() function instead of event, and who will signal the
overlapped I/O result? What's the mechanism for this signal system.

Thanks in advance.

Hongmiao Wang