httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bryan Lipscy" <x4272796...@monroe.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Why doesn't Apache respond?
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 05:02:53 GMT
Check your logs/httpd.conf file.  Make sure that Apache is configured
correctly.
The manual can be found online or in your local installation at
htdocs/manual.  Both the httpd.conf and manual are documented better
then most Windows docs.

Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Rosenblum [mailto:userwho@verizon.net]

Er, you'll have to be a bit more specific than "check your config file."
I don't know what to look for. I already tried 127.0.0.1 btw. Now I'm
having an odd problem ... even when apache is shut down, and I have no
webserver running, going to localhost gives me a blank webpage.
Shouldn't it say server couldn't be found?