httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Bert" <soile...@sgwebspace.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Post please!
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 02:56:23 GMT
I'm guessing you got a Linksys... But even if another brand you need to go
into the router setup and add your server to the port forwarding.  A router
by default blocks all unsolicited incoming traffic.

If it's a linksys, in a browser type: http://192.168.1.1

And goto the advanced section.  And add the forwarding of port 80 to your
server.

I'd also recommend that you set your computer for static IP address so that
if you add another computer to your network it doesn't bump your computer
from .100 to .101 by change... Not likely but it is possible.

There's great info on whatever router you bought at
http://www.dslreports.com

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Barrett [mailto:jnjbarrett@charter.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 6:34 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Post please!

This should be simple.  I had a server running fine, but I had to purchase a
router for my network, and now nobody can connect to me.  I've tried using
my IP address with the router (192.116.1.100) and my IP address without the
router (68.116.63.162) and neither work with my router.  How can I get my
server to work?  Please help.