httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Hansen" <hbhan...@rogers.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Starting Apache
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:29:37 GMT
Thanks for your observation. It wasn't the port 80 that was causing the
problem.  I am connected to the network via a router and having problems
on the weekend I had to restart.  In the process new IP addresses were
assigned.  Your suggestion to look at the port make me look in that
direction.

Thanks

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.
Plan more than you can do, then do it.

Bruce
519 473 5315

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 3:43 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Starting Apache

On unix, this would indicate a zombie process hanging around and
blocking the port. The only cure would be a reboot.

If that doesn't fix it, you must have another process running which is
using port 80. I don't know how to check that on Windows (ipconfig ?).

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>I have checked FAQ and the database for any idea and nothing that I
>could use. I believe
>this may a configuration problem (cheche conf, looks ok)
>
>any ideas.  (this is my 1st request so bear with my attempt at
>questions)
>
>Bruce Hansen

views of the sender's company.