httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Linn Kubler" <LKub...@ecw.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Permisions on Novell?
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:10:51 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to run Apache 1.3 on a Novell NetWare 6 server.  Apache is
supposed to be installed with the operating system and it was and it
runs.  However, when I try to browse to the index page, or any page for
that matter, I get an error:

Forbidden
You don't have permision to access / on this server.

Now I'm using the default httpd.conf or in this case adminserv.conf and
I can't see a problem.  Here's what I think is the pertanent info from
that file:

ServerType standalone
ServerRoot "sys:/apache"
PidFile logs/httpd.pid
ScoreBoardFile logs/apache_status
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
ThreadsPerChild 50
ThreadStackSize 81920
MaxRequestsPerChild 0
LoadModule lcgi_module modules/mod_lcgi.nlm
LoadModule nds_auth_module modules/mod_nds.nlm
LoadModule tls_module modules/mod_tls.nlm
ServerAdmin someone@somewhere.com
ServerName fs1.inet.ecw.org

# Start Apache Services Port Configuration
Port 80
Listen 192.168.1.2:80
<IfModule mod_tls.c>
    SecureListen 192.168.1.2:443 "SSL CertificateDNS"
</IfModule>
# End Apache Services Port Configuration

DocumentRoot "sys:/apache/nwdocs"
<Directory "/">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order deny,allow
    deny from all
</Directory>

<Directory "sys:/apache/nwdocs">
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all
</Directory>

DirectoryIndex index.html
AccessFileName .htaccess
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Files>

Can someone see a problem here or explain why I'm not allowed access to
this server?  Oh, the error_log reports: client denied by server
configuration: sys:/apache/nwdocs

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Linn