httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Linn Kubler" <LKub...@ecw.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess setup?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:20:28 GMT
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for responding.  This is working now but to answer your
questions...

1. No I didn't think to remove the .htaccess from the directory.  In
fact, I removed the lines from the httpd.conf file and left them in the
.htaccess file.  I just had to see this work as shown in the manuals.

2. the /var/www/passwords is a file not a directory.  I did find that I
needed to make apache the owner of this file for it to work though.

Thanks again,
Linn

>>> apache@gej-it.com 01/29/03 05:03PM >>>
Hi Linn,
Couple of questions that might help you to solve your issue:

1. Did you remove the .htaccess file from the bod directory after you
edited
the httpd.conf file?

2. AuthUserFile /var/www/passwords
Is the line presented in your conf file, is it a folder where you put
your
password file or is it the actual password file?

All the best,
Jeff Cohen