httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lisa Gerlich" <l...@nisd.net>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_ldap and mod_auth_ldap
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:05:18 GMT
Hello,

I have a linux box that I want to serve password protected web pages
from.  The username/password must come from our company wide NDS/E
directory.  The Novell administrators are running an LDAP server.  I
have compiled and installed apache 2.0.43 with mod_ssl, mod_ldap, and
mod_auth_ldap as dso's.   I can authenticate to the external LDAP with a
clear text password.

However, when I try to use the LDAPCertDBPath directive by adding
"LDAPCertDBPath /usr/local/apache/conf/ldap.key" to httpd.conf, my
apache will not start:

#bin/apachectl startssl
Syntax error on line 272 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'LDAPCertDBPath', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not included in the server configuration.

A massive search of mailing list archives has turned up the idea that
there is a bug in util_ldap.c and that the compiled module does not
recognize LDAPCertDBPath like the documentation says it should.

My question is:  Has anybody out there made the ldap authentication
work over a secure link?  I sure could use this functionality.
Otherwise, apache and maybe even unix will have to abanded for this
project.  I would hate that.

Thanks for any help,
---Lisa&

Lisa Gerlich