httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] installing problems
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:44:13 GMT
Giovanni Di Lembo wrote:

>Hi.I'm giovanni from italy.
>I need an help installing apache 2.
>I got this error when I try to install it:
>SyntaxError on line 198: ....../http.conf
>ServerAdmin takes one arguments.The e-mail address of the server administrator.....
>Any help?
>ps I removed an old version of apache using the tool that apache gave to me for installing
it.

Please configure your mail user agent for plain text (no HTML) and word
wrap at 72 columns for easier reading.

This line in httpd.conf simply needs an email address for the server
administrator---that's you, right?  So do it this way:

ServerAdmin gdilem@libero.it

Or, use whatever email address you prefer.

--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---