httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Basic CGI setup help needed
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 04:12:18 GMT
Michael Olds wrote:

>OK Gary,
>>So, anyway, worry about the script now and not the config.
>
>>Look for missing quotes, parentheses, etc.  Also add -wT and use strict.
>>You'll be forced to write cleaner, more "correct" code.

And I should have said safer code.

>I messed with the code...so as to end up with:
<snip>
>...forgot the use strict. But it worked. I proofread the original three
>times against the code in the book
>It must be that -wT, because I can't imagine having to put every tag
>on a separate line to make a cgi script work. I have half a dozen of these
>little test scripts and none of them are working
Nah, more likely a typo or some such.  Keep in mind that a 500 server
error with CGIs *generally*, not always, but generally means there is a
bug in the script---maybe in syntax, maybe in logic.

>You I would hire to check my setup! Live in the bay area?

Just send the $.02 American in certified funds.  Maybe after the
new-agers (and especially their music, god save us from Wyndham Hill,
Kenny G and John Tesh) and the celebrity experts slide into the Pacific,
I'll move to what's left :p  In the meantime, I'll stay a Texian. ;)

--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---