httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Why am I still getting this erro
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 23:26:13 GMT
William Martin wrote:

>Sorry for bothering you again. I'm about to give up.  I have my Apache
>2.0.43 set up and running. Great!  Now, when I tried to view the cgi-bin
>directory from my browser, I get this, "You don't have permission".

I may be off base on this, but my understanding is that the CGI
directory is not put in the doc root tree in order to protect it from
being browsed.  This is a security measure.  You certainly don't want J
Random Cracker going through your executables.  It's not a sure fix, but
it is one small step.
--
gt                  kk5st@sbcglobal.net
 If someone tells you---