httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI problem with mod_userdir
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:23:02 GMT

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Shawn Wilson wrote:
> There was no suexec.log at that location, so I'm guessing it wasn't
> using it? Anyways... I did a "chmod -x" to clear the execute bits for
> suexec, but unfortunately that did not solve my problem :(.

Try again.  Sorry, but the fact that you were running suexec but didn't
know it, combined with the fact that the cgi script worked when not going
through mod_userdir, makes me lay about 98% odds that it is an suexec
problem.

Make absolutely sure that apache is not using suexec (rename it, delete
it, whatever), make sure you restart your server, make sure the script
still works when not run through mod_userdir, then try again.

Joshua.