httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IP-based vhosts and domain names problem
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:34:55 GMT

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Madere, Colin wrote:
> Problem:
>   When using IPs to browse to servers, all works fine.  When using names to
> browse, requests to all domain names serve up content from the default/first
> site (or vhost #1) on port 80.  With log files set up for each different
> vhost, the hit gets recorded in that vhosts log file, but the content is
> pulled from the DocumentRoot of the site on port 80 (vhost #1).  As I said
> above, when IPs are used the appropriate content gets served.

You've so thouroughly obscured your config that it is very difficult to
tell what is going on.  The first things I would check are:

1. Is the DNS mapping really correct?

2. Are you running any "funny" third-party modules, like mod_dyn_vhost for
example?

Other than that, please post the unobscured vhost configuration (real
names and IP addresses) so we can check it more easily.

Joshua.