httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory Access control order
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:42:32 GMT

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Amol Jakatdar wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to "AllowOverride AuthConfig" only in the directories named
> "private".
> Here is my configuration:
>
> Block 1:
> <Directory ~ private>
>     AllowOverride AuthConfig Indexes Limit

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/sections.html#whatwhere

AllowOverride works only in <Directory> sections without regex.

> Also, does anyone have any other solution for what I am trying to do ?

Don't use .htaccess.  Include your access control directives directly in
the <DirectoryMatch> sections.  Also, make sure you are using 2.0.44.  The
previous version had a slight bug with regex directory processing.

Joshua.