httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Deny HEAD Request
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2003 16:11:11 GMT

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Sadananda B Rai wrote:

>  Thanks for the reply. I tried <Limit HEAD> deny from all. But it seems it's
> not blocking it. I think u can help me by looking at access log and the
> application error log I get from my site. It was basically a open proxy
> attack. Now I have switched off proxy and they can not do anything but
> traffic is still coming to my site.

All the requests are already failing, so denying the HEAD requests will do
nothing new.  There is really nothing you can do about this, since appears
you got on an open proxy list.  You can block the requests at an earlier
stage (like the router) but that won't keep them from coming in and using
your bandwidth.

I'd just ignore it and take it as a security lesson for next time.

Joshua.