httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] q: last-modified http header
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:44:34 GMT

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Harald Falkenberg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> an additional question: in the case of non static pages (not only CGIs,
> also SSI, php or mod_perl, mod_layout parsed pages), can I ensure, that
> the last-modification http header is send with the mtime of the static
> part/page?

mod_include (SSI) has this feature using XBitHack Full.  For CGI, the
script itself is responsible.  For the others, I haven't looked.

Something you might want to think about is using mod_exires, which
generates Expires and Cache-control headers.  These are the headers more
traditionally used with non-static content.  Of course, you'll need to
check if they work with your particular application.

Joshua.