httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How many clients..??
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:17:47 GMT

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, MARIO HENLEY BECERRIL GELDIS wrote:
>   I have a nice question...
>
>   I need configure a apache server for accept many request, i wait 1000
> request, i have a sun fire 280R with 1GB in RAM and sparc IIi 900 Mhz,
> this posible with my box..??
>
>   any ideas for solve this..??

There is no easy answer to this question.  It involves any number of
things you haven't specified, like

- Type of content (active, static, size, etc)
- Type of client (high/low latency, high/low bandwidth)
- Type of network link
- etc.

In general, unless you can find someone who has experience with a setup
VERY close to yours and can give guidelines, the only way to figure this
out is to set it up and test it under circumstances as close as possible
to what you will be experiencing.

Overall, 1000 simultaneous clients is quite a few given the hardware you
specify.

Joshua.