httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Had someone tell me this was a bad idea
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:37:44 GMT
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Jeffrey Hellem wrote:

> I've been told this "Shouldn't work" "should segfault on startup" can anyone
> explain why?

You should ask the person who told you that for more details.  Certainly,
you may run into trouble if one or more of the libraries that you are
using is non-threadsafe, since you are using a threaded mpm.

> Can anyone tell me why my content shouldn't be owned by the same user as
> apache ?

Because a security breach (say, a faulty cgi script) could then allow your
files to be overwritten from the web.

Joshua.