httpd-users mailing list archives

From Harald Falkenberg <harald.falkenb...@desy.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] q: last-modified http header
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:30:36 GMT
ok, I thought it is general topic. But here are the details:

using apache 1.3.27 and as search engine Verity 5.0.3

The apache sents the http header last-modified, but the search engine
cant't use it or is just ignoring it. So all indexed docs get the time
stamp from the date they were indexed, not their last-modified date.
Therefor sorting the results by date doesn't make sense in that situation.

Form the Verity support I got the following information:

The search engine trys to analyze the following date information when
given in the given order:

1. analyzing the date meta tag
2. analyzing the last-modification date from the http header
3. just using the current index date/time as doc date

We don't set the date meta tag. Therefor the engine should use
step 2. But it doesn't although last-modification is presented by the
apache server. All I got as information is, that the format for the date
meta tag should have the formatat I already metnioned "YYYY-MM-DD".

Due to tha last info, I was looking if I had to change something in the
apache configuration. But I think, the problem is only located on the
search engine side.

Please let me know your opinion!

Regards
	Harald