httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PORT questions
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 23:43:04 GMT
On Sun, 5 Jan 2003, Chris Pilson wrote:

> Here's the situation:  I have an apache server <up and running> that I'd
> like to LISTEN to port 8000 and POST <respond> on port 80.  I've looked
> through the FAQs, archives, and documentation and I've never seen anything
> that would let me split the port number that it listens and responds on.
>
> If anyone out there has any ideas, I'm open to them.  This is also my
> server, so I have root.

If the client connects to port 8000, it will expect the response to come
back on that same connection. If you respond on some other port, then
the client is going to miss the response. So I guess the real question
here is, what problem are you trying to solve with this? Perhaps there's
some other way to get at the solution.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
ReefKnot - http://www.reefknot.org