httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Pilson <Christopher.Pil...@NAU.EDU>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PORT questions
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 00:57:58 GMT
Here's what's going on:

all I want my software to do is act as a sort of PAT.  The problem is, it
can't hook into a port already taken by a listener - this is why I can't
just sling this whole thing on port 8000 or whatever.  I want apache to
LISTEN on port 8000 (I've got my SW to dump 80 -> 8000), and RESPOND on
port 8001, which I have not been able to do yet.

I'm using JAVA to do this, and opening up a Listener and ServerSocket
object (2 in total).  Below is a map of "the big picture".

	WORLD		MY S/W		APACHE

	---->		80--->8000	8000
	80		80<---8001	<---

I'm sorry that I'm being so vague here ... I'm looking to use this for my
own ends and may end up releasing this, if it's useful - and, of course,
if I can get it working!

Chris