httpd-users mailing list archives

From DeAnna.Clem...@McKGenMed.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.26
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:16:02 GMT

Thanks Jacob.  I agree that is does look more like CF and/or Oracle.  How
would I determine if I do have a bottleneck with Apache?

DeAnna M. Clemans
McKesson Medical Surgical
Unix Systems Administrator
804-553-2316

                      "Jacob Coby"

                      <jcoby@listingboo        To:       <users@httpd.apache.org>

                      k.com>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.26

                      01/16/2003 04:14

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      users

> Absolutely -
> The CFServer was at the top cpu usage with MANY MANY oracle processes
> following.
> I am not sure that I need to do any Apache tuning - It may be on the
> ColdFusion and oracle side.

Yeah, I'd definitly check out ColdFusion and Oracle first.  I've never
worked with Oracle, but with Sybase there is a cfg var I can set to limit
the number of processes; they recommend no more than one per CPU.  In your
case, I'd think you would only want to use 4 CPUs or so for Oracle, giving
one or two to ColdFusion and one or two to Apache?

Unless Apache is showing up as a bottleneck, I wouldn't mess with it as
long
as everything works now.

-Jacob