httpd-users mailing list archives

From DeAnna.Clem...@McKGenMed.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.26
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:00:14 GMT

Absolutely -
The CFServer was at the top cpu usage with MANY MANY oracle processes
following.
I am not sure that I need to do any Apache tuning - It may be on the
ColdFusion and oracle side.

DeAnna M. Clemans
McKesson Medical Surgical
Unix Systems Administrator
804-553-2316

                      "Jacob Coby"

                      <jcoby@listingboo        To:       <users@httpd.apache.org>

                      k.com>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.26

                      01/16/2003 03:55

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      users

> I am running apache 1.3.26 on a Solaris 2.8 box.  The server has 8G mem
> and 8 CPUs.  Along with Apache, I am running ColdFusion and Hotquery
which
> allows users to query the Oracle DB which also resides on the same
server.

> With as few as 4 users my CPU idle time falls below 10% and my load
average
> is up.
>
> Any tuning suggestions?

Well, first, I'd find out where that 90% of the cpu usage is going.  Does
Solaris have the 'top' command?

-Jacob