httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache + Siteminder for authentication
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:49:10 GMT

Thanks for the reply. So you are saying that is possible, and is commonly
used?

I plan to use this mechanism to authenticate users to WebDAV running on
Apache. We have users that use WebDAV as their main file repository. So
uptime is very important. I have been using mod_ldap, on Apache 1.3 and 2.
I have never had any issues.

Will using Siteminder, create issues for us?

In Peace,
Saqib Ali
http://docbook.sc-icc.org

                    Dirk-Willem

                    van Gulik            To:     users@httpd.apache.org

                    <dirkx@webwea        cc:

                    ving.org>            Subject:     Re: [users@httpd] Apache + Siteminder
for
                    No Phone Info        authentication

                    Available

                    01/16/2003

                    07:44 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 Saqib.N.Ali@seagate.com wrote:

> I would like to use Siteminder for authentication, instead of connecting
> directly to LDAP. Is that possible? If so where can I find some good
> documentation, that I can refer to.

Siteminder has very good documentation on their site. It is worth using.

But if this needs to scale above a few hits/second, or needs to have an
uptime of more than 99.5, then you may want to be mighty careful, and you
propably will end up hiring consultants like me or some integrator or var
to get it to work. Or resort to something tuned and tailored in house.

Dw