httpd-users mailing list archives

From paul_avi...@ultimatesoftware.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] linux vers win2k pro
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 00:34:25 GMT
comile/run/build is not really that bad. The most dificult part in not
compiling the code, that is just a few commands you type once and very few
times do it again. The issue is how are you planing on "enabling" your
users or the application that will manage the users' web sites.

I think that you will find a lot more alternatives with open source code
than wih microsoft. If you are looking into portal technology take a quick
look at www.postnuke.com. It is a free alternative and extremly powerfull
application. I don't know of other similar free application in the .asp
microsoft arena. with so many developers behind it. Postnuke also uses
MySQL, a open source ANSI compliant SQL database.

how are your users going to upload the pages, ftp? or you are thinking on
supporting FrontPage?
Take a look at the pocket ISP howto, it may give you some ideas.
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/ISP-Setup-RedHat-HOWTO.html
-pa

"David Jones" <lorddraco_219@hotmail.com>
01/09/2003 07:23 PM