httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Olds" <MikeO...@themozone.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Basic CGI setup help needed
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 01:14:01 GMT
Perhaps, having invested months in not getting this basic configuration to
work, it is time to consider paying someone (moi???) to straighten out your
mess quickly. There are a zillion pointers on how to set up cgi available,
and they are not really that complicated. It shouldn't take more than a
couple of days under the worst circumstances.

If you have been tweaking this for months than I am sure you have many times
gone past what Robert Pirsig called "gumption checks" in "The Zen of
Motorcycle Maintenance". It may be time to start over with a fresh approach
instead of continuing to bang your head against it.

<-------------------->

Great, of three replies two are calling me an idiot and one is asking for
money. I can't imagine paying money to someone who cannot grasp the nature
of the problem I described in fair detail. I imagine I too could solve this
problem in about three hours by simply starting from scratch. But this is
supposed to be a help forum, not a barrel in which the new fish get shot at,
and I thought I might find a clue here as to where I might look outside of
the "docs" for a solution. I would consider paying someone to check out the
system for the mistakes I don't notice after I have it set up. Such a one
would have shown me his skill at solving the problems I can see I have.
Someone who tells me that he could solve the problem in a fingersnap for
money on a help forum isn't someone I would ever hire for anything.

Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org