httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Olds" <MikeO...@themozone.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] pl script error
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:37:09 GMT

Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Smith [mailto:kevin@netsmith.ltd.uk]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 6:15 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Cc: Owen.Boyle@swx.com
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] pl script error

I've just decided to try and run a simple Perl script throught the browser
and it works!  So, why doesn't more complicated perl scripts run, they
execute on the CLI perfectly everytime.

Just for you info I run the exact same configuration file on my Windows 2000
server and everything works fine.

I'm now migrating to the Debian Linux 3.0 (powerpc) platform using the same
apache configuration directives.  I've developed and implemented websites on
a Unix platform before, so I'm slightly confused as to this problem.

Oh, the output of /usr/bin/perl -v shows the version number (v5.6.1 built
for powerpc-linux), copyright notice and GNU licence info, so that works
great.  Also works if I juat type: perl -v without the path.

Typing the full path to the script without typing perl first doesn't work,
it returned the following, is this significant?
    : bad interpreter: No such file or directoryion_list.pl: /usr/bin/perl

That is the exact message, it gardbled the file name.... *strange*

Oh, in my directives I do have: AddHandler cgi-script cgi pl

Any ideas?

Thanks,

kevin