httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Olds" <MikeO...@themozone.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] CGI Help
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:23:11 GMT
tell us your OS...are you using a Debian distro? If so it is set up with
SuEXEC enabled and there are a number of problems that can come up in
relation to that. (tell me! still digging my way out of this one!)

use: $ apache -l and see if you get a line telling you that SuEXEC is
enabled.

Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org

-----Original Message-----
From: gcobb [mailto:gcobb@midsouth.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 10:07 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] CGI Help

Sorry about the reply.  I was running as the user.  I also went through
the browser and wasn't able to get them to do anything that way, just as
I would any other html file or anything else.

If there's anything I need to paste in here let me know and I can do
that.  Here's where I tried to get Squirrelmail to run after setting it
up according to the docs:

You don't have permission to access
/cgi-bin/php/squirrelmail-1.4.0-rc1/index.php on this server

And when I tried a cgi script that was in that dir when I did the
install, I got this:

You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/squidGuard.cgi on this
server

Thanks for your reply and assistance.