httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Olds" <MikeO...@themozone.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Basic CGI setup help needed
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 03:29:16 GMT
OK Gary,
>So, anyway, worry about the script now and not the config.

>Look for missing quotes, parentheses, etc.  Also add -wT and use strict.
>You'll be forced to write cleaner, more "correct" code.

I messed with the code...so as to end up with:

<----------------->OK?<---------------------->
#!/usr/bin/perl -wT
#Environ.cgi - Show environment variables set by the server
#

print    "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print    "<HTML>

         <HEAD>
         <TITLE>
         Environment Variables
         </TITLE>
         </HEAD>

         <BODY>";
print    "Environment Variables:";
foreach $evar( keys (%ENV)){
   print "<B>$evar:</B> $ENV{$evar}<BR>";
}
print "</BODY></HTML>\n";
<------------------------->
...forgot the use strict. But it worked. I proofread the original three
times against the code in the book I copied it from: Hunt: Linux, Apache Web
Server Administration, page 227...and as I mentioned previously this very
script was working previously. (I checked, I am uploading in ASCII, not
binary) It must be that -wT, because I can't imagine having to put every tag
on a separate line to make a cgi script work. I have half a dozen of these
little test scripts and none of them are working...OK, I'll let it go. At
least I have a new idea to work with.

You I would hire to check my setup! Live in the bay area?

Thanks and,
Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org