httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Olds" <MikeO...@themozone.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Basic CGI setup help needed
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 00:15:40 GMT
Corp,

>This is a case of you just not paying attention

Thank you,

The ###s are not in the script, and why would I want to do something to
confuse you? I just put them in to delimit the script from the rest of the
note.

I am not an old hand, but I am not just starting off. I have plenty of
experience with computers and have been at the Linux thing now for the
better part of a year. I have been working on this one issue for a couple of
months.

I may be wrong, but I do not believe AddHandler is needed when you
ScriptAlias. As I read it ScriptAlias is one way of calling the cgi handler.

And I mentioned that I had been trying every combination of
users/groups/permissions I could think of ...I have gone through thousands
of combinations. It isn't really helpful to say "it's a permissions thing."
If you really think it could be a permissions thing, tell me what should
work. I'll tell you I've already tried that (and I will try it again).

Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org

Remove the ###### on the top. I have never seen any examples in any doc or
books like this, and I am sure you haven't either. Look for the simple
things. If you are just starting off, then follow the directions and the
examples. This is a case of you just not paying attention.

And if your script does not have the #'s before the path to the
interpreter(and just added it in your email to confuse us), then look into
AddHandler and/or permissions on the script.