httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Moore" <tjmo...@digitalperformance.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] logging banner ads in customer's apache logs
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:33:51 GMT
To be honest, I do not understand either of your answers.

How would you redirect a dynamic url in apache then from a perl or php
script?

I want to LOG in my database and have the logs of our advertisers SHOW our
domain name. I can't do that using HTTP- refresh. How else can I do this?

And this is an apache question since it is dealing with Apache Logging....

thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: Jurgen [mailto:apache@squarehosting.com]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 12:30 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] logging banner ads in customer's apache logs

Hi,

I don't think you understand his answer.

There will be no web page and no link on it. It will redirect automatically
without any link or anything displayed at all.
Type "yahoo.com" into your browser window. You will be redirected to
www.yahoo.com without any refresh nonsense and no link to click.

And if you ask "How would I automatically redirect ..." then the solution is
exactly what Nelson suggested.
If you try to do it from within apache you will have to find a way to get
the logging into the database.

Jurgen