httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ken Hilliard" <ken.hilli...@seqid.com>
Subject [users@httpd] File Access Rights
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:59:21 GMT
I wrote an Apache (Perl) CGI script running on Windows 2000 Server. My
script needs to generate graphics files and store them in a file. Under
Windows it looks like my script can read/write files into any directory.

I want to migrate to RedHat Linux. What are the rules concerning Apache CGI
programs with regard to creating and writing files? I read that Apache child
processes normally run as "nobody". How can I setup my Perl CGI script so
that it has a directory into which I can write files? Thanks in advance.