httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Pritpal Dhaliwal" <pdhali...@tycoint.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] URL redirection
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 22:15:05 GMT
or you can map a servlet ( or a jsp ) to / and then add .jsp to all the requests.

Pritpal Dhaliwal

-----Original Message-----
From: Nelson, Robert D. [mailto:RDNelson@Mail.Donaldson.com]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 8:29 AM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] URL redirection

Shafeen:

> What I want to happen is when someone type a URL I wanted
> the URL redirection to append a value ( an extension ) to it.
>
> Ex :- when you type www.xxx.com/abc
>       It should be redirected to www.xxx.com/abc.jsp .
>
> 	If you type as www.xxx.com.xyz then
> 	it should be redirected to www.xxx.com/xyz.jsp
>
> NOTE :- Here the value "/something" is dynamic. I wanted to
>  	  append ".jsp" at the end of the typed URL.

This is definitely something where you'll want to use mod_rewrite.  There is
some really good documentation online for using this...

 http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html
 http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html

> Also likes to know what does these characters mean in the URL
> rewrting.
>
> 	[R]
> 	[R,L]
> 	[P]
> 	[C]
> 	[NC]

See URLs above.

It sounds like your rewriting is not too complex, so I should think that the
documentation online is enough help to get this working.  If you can't get
it working after you've tried it a couple ways and read/re-read the
documentation, please repost a more specific question with examples of what
you've tried and how you have it configured.  Good luck.

 ~ Robert