httpd-users mailing list archives

From "H. Carter Harris" <carter-li...@technettn.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts ?
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 23:04:58 GMT
I have been following the list closely for the last few weeks trying to
become knowledgeable enough to configure an apache 1.3.23 as distributed by
Mandrake as a virtual host.

I want a default site and a name based site so I have the following:

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.103

<VirtualHost _default_>
SeverName linuxserver.mydomain.net
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.103>
ServerName www.domain2.com
DocumentRoot /usr/www/site.first/htdocs
</Virtual Host>

1. As written I get a 403 Forbidden error on both pages.

2. If I change the 192.168.1.103 in the second virtual host to *, requests
go to my default for both sites.

3. Changing the 192.168.1.103 to * in both the NameVirtualHost directive and
the second virtual host, returns a 403 Forbidden error when requesting
www.domain2.com and the default when requesting anything else at
192.168.1.103.

There are DocumentRoot directives outside the VirtualHost sections above.
Removing them gave me the same results as 3.

I would apprecaite any help I could get on this.