httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] view contents of another server via web browser.
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:07:11 GMT

If they are webservers, use mod_proxy, e.g.

ProxyPass		/second http://second-server/
ProxyPassReverse	/second http://second-server/

this will map http://first-server/second/file to
http://secodn-server/file.

Alternatively, if you can mount the remote disks on a filesystem level,
you can just put the paths to the disks in the DocumentRoot. You can run
Samba on the Unix server then you can mount it (i.e. "share" it) on the
NT server.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

>I thought VirtualHost was the way forward but after reading
>the manual again
>I'm not so sure.
>The environment is set within an intranet, with a proxy server
>(not Apache)
>blocking access to the outside world.
>
>Could someone suggest an approach to achieve this, or just tell me I'm
>wasting my time.
>
>TIA.
>
>Michael Simpson
>Express Newspapers
>020-7922-7225 (w)
>020-7922-7799 (f)
>

>Visit Express Newspapers and OK Magazine online picture archive at
>http://www.expresspictures.com

>*************
>Any views or opinions are solely those of the author
>and do not necessarily represent those of Express Newspapers
>*************
>The information transmitted is intended only for the person
>or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
>and/or privileged material.If you are not the intended recipient
>of this message please do not read ,copy, use or disclose this
>communication and notify the sender immediately. It should be
>noted that any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
>use of, or taking action in reliance upon, this information by
>persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
>Email communications may be monitored
>

>##EXN2000##

views of the sender's company.