httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] configuration..:(
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:57:21 GMT
Seems like apache is not running...

If you do ctrl-alt-delete then click on Task Manager, do you see apache?

If not, you'll need to get a windows expert to help you - you must've screwed up the install...

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Sewell [mailto:thra5h3r@hotmail.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 21. Januar 2003 11:28
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] configuration..:(

I jsut ran ipconfig and it was different. I jsut updated it in dyndns.org's database. Regarding
the replying bit, sorry but im using hotmail.:(
I noticed that for the Apache Monitor, it says No services installed. Prehaps this is the
problem, but I have no idea how to add a service (nothing relevent when I double click on
apache monitor on the startmenu near the clock..

>From: "Boyle Owen"
>Subject: RE: [users@httpd] configuration..:(
>Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:19:16 +0100
>
>When you reply to this mail, click on "Format" on the toolbar, then check "Plain Text"
- puhleeeze!

>Regarding the "Listen" - it is safest of you do not define this at all (at this stage
anyway). Then apache will listen to all live interfaces by default. So, for now, just make
sure any Listen directives are commented out (as they seem to be).

http://218.103.244.5/ (it's not working at the moment).

>If you need to reboot or reconnect to your ISP, use ipconfig again to check the IP address
and change it in the URL accordingly.

>Otherwise, because of the default Listen behaviour, apache will be listening on the localhost
address. So try http://localhost/ or http:/127.0.0.1/ - this connects directly via the TCP/IP
stack without going out via the network.

>You've got to prove apache is working before moving on to discover what's wrong with the
network/DNS or whatever.

>Rgds,
>Owen Boyle

at its page. I'm using Dynamic service.
>I guess you mean this for the listening thing. Not sure what to do here since my IP address
appears to be dynamic (changing from 218. to 219. sometimes.. here's a copy of what it is
now.
>#
># Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or
># ports, in addition to the default. See also the
># directive.
>#
># Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses as shown below to
># prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP addresses (0.0.0.0)
>#
>#Listen 12.34.56.78:80
>#Listen 3000
>
> >From: "Boyle Owen"
> >Subject: RE: [users@httpd] configuration..:(
> >Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:58:03 +0100
> >
> >Please post in plain text. I makes responding easier...
> >
> >Q1: Is apache running?
> >Q2: How are you addressing it in your browser - via localhost or using a
> >hostname or an IP address or what?
> >Q3: Is apache configured to listen on this address/port?
> >
> >Until you can hit the server there is no point worrying about your
> >content.
> >
> >Rgds,
> >
> >Owen Boyle

The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project. See for more info.