httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite but keep original URL in browser
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:56:11 GMT
Thanks for plain text - now I can interleave the responses!

I'm not an expert on mod_rewrite but I can see a few problems with this:
- your first RewriteCond is wrong since the regexp backreference records the ".", also you
don't need the "*" before "domain".
- You don't need the second RewriteCond at all since, to arrive in the domain.com VH, you
*cannot* have had a request for "otherdomain".
- I don't think you need to backreference the RewriteRule at all - you only need the backref
from the RewriteCond.

Putting it all together:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(.+).domain.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule .* http://other.domain.com/user/$1 [P]

To debug:
- Look in the access log of otherdomain to see if the request is being made.
- Activate RewriteLog to see what the rewrite engine is actually doing.