httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Sewell" <thra5...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] configuration..:(
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:37:37 GMT

Nevermind, I managed to work out you were talking about in MS DOS.:)
ok, I can get as far as the typing bit but I did that command and it showed
some options. Then I opened the monitor and it wasnt added. did I do
something wrong?

PS: Thank you for what you have done so far. It is already further than I
managed to do with an internet buddy of mine.=)

Nevermind, I managed to work out you were talking about in MS DOS.:)
ok, I can get as far as the typing bit but I did that command and it showed
some options. Then I opened the monitor and it wasnt added. did I do
something wrong?

PS:
>From: "Jerry Martin" Reply-To: users@httpd.apache.org To: Subject: RE:
>[users@httpd] configuration..:( Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:17:37 -0600
>
>First off, I am also a newbe. Am I correct in assuming that you told the
>computer to run "c:\program files\apache group\apache2\bin\apache.exe" when
>the computer starts? I'm not sure exactly what that does, but if Apache
>Monitor isn't recognizing a service that's not the answer. What you need to
>do is install a service. I did this under Windows XP, but I think the same
>command will word for Windows 98. Here's what I had.
>
>First, navigate to "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/bin"
>
>Next, type "apache -n apache2 -k install" This will install a service named
>"apache 2
>
>Now start the service by typing "apache -n apache2 -k start"
>
>Now check the apache monitor to see what is running. You should also be
>able to access the website by typing http://localhost (not sure about this
>since you have changed the server name) or by typing your pc's IP address.
>
>You may need to do something addition to make apache start up
>automatically. I didn't, but that doesn't mean anything.
>
>Cheers Jerry -----Original Message----- From: Jerry Martin
>[mailto:cher_jer84@hotmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 1:11 PM

have Apache Monitor
>on. It starts at windows startup in case I restart my computer. > >I am
>using the host name thra5h3r.dyndns.org. Dyndns is a hostname provider if
>you look at its page. I'm using Dynamic service. > >I guess you mean this
>for the listening thing. Not sure what to do here since my IP address
>appears to be dynamic (changing from 218. to 219. sometimes.. here's a copy
>of what it is now. > ># > ># Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific

>IP addresses and/or > ># ports, in addition to the default. See also the >
> ># directive. > ># > ># Change this to Listen on specific IP addresses
as
>shown below to > ># prevent Apache from glomming onto all bound IP
>addresses (0.0.0.0) > ># > >#Listen 12.34.56.78:80 > >#Listen 3000 >
> > >
> >From: "Boyle Owen" > > >Reply-To: users@httpd.apache.org > > >To:
> >
> >Subject: RE: [users@httpd] configuration..:( > > >Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003

>10:58:03 +0100 > > > > > >Please post in plain text. I makes responding

>easier... > > > > > >Q1: Is apache running? > > >Q2: How are
you addressing
>it in your browser - via localhost or using a > > >hostname or an IP
>address or what? > > >Q3: Is apache configured to listen on this
>address/port? > > > > > >Until you can hit the server there is no point

>worrying about your > > >content. > > > > > >Rgds, > >
> > >-----Original Message----- > > >From: Ben Sewell
>[mailto:thra5h3r@hotmail.com] > > >Sent: Dienstag, 21. Januar 2003 10:54 >

> > >To: users@httpd.apache.org > > >Subject: Re: [users@httpd]
>configuration..:( > > > > > > > > >I cant even setup my server..
when I try

Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com > > >

SIGNATURE-----